Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Looking back...


Looking back on the last 3 weeks and all we have seen and done. It has been exciting and adventurous. It’s kind of weird to have this travelling lifestyle as our everyday life now, big contrast to our life in Norway. This life and our experiences make me think how different so many things in the world are, in all aspects of life and existence, and how narrow we sometimes see the world and others. It also fascinates me how differently life can be when you change your surroundings. Everything from when you start the day, food habits, what you spend your day doing, how you perceive the world and yourself, thoughts, attitude, dreams, attention, desires and limitations. The environment is like a catalyst for all the changes, but still all the changes happens on the inside. That have shown me the great potential we all have to change everything we want to change right from where we stand. It’s never about the current life situation, but it’s about how you interpret the current situation. In every situation no matter what there is a positive aspect, and whenever there is a problem there is at least one solution.

We are now enjoying lazy days in Agnes Waters. Staying just beside the beach we can start the day with a morning swim. The sun is up about 04.30 and is at its full strength around 07.00, so when living in a car an early start happens automatically. Nature never stops to amaze me, and thinking back on our time here we have got some incredible gifts. The time on Fraser Island was an eye-opener for me, I suddenly understood the love for camping and spending time outdoor in “the wild”, I understood for the first time peoples fascination for cars and motors and I got a feeling of freedom I don`t know if I have had before in this life. It was so adventurous to drive in the sand not knowing what could happen. And it excited me that if something happened help from other people couldn’t be taken for granted. I felt like a child again, exploring the world alone for the first time. Our trip has been full of opportunities to enjoy nature’s gifts, from great views while we drive, sunsets, to encounters with animals. Lotte have been in contact with a lot. In Nimbin she got the biggest tick we have ever seen on her thigh. When we were about to walk up Mount Warning she got a leech on her foot. On Fraser Island she had a breakfast meeting with a 1,5 meter long varan (there’s a picture of it in the picture compilation from Fraser Island). But the best so far was when Lotte got to feed a dolphin at Tin Can Bay. And I also have to say that the sound from the Kookaburra never stop to amuse me.

JT

No comments:

Post a Comment