Friday, December 7, 2012

Pebbly Beach and Durras

Yesterday we woke up freezing (the second day in a row), and as JT wrote we started to question our plan of going south. After we passed Sydney the temperature started to feel more like a Norwegian summer (or maybe we just have gotten used to the heat up north?). It has been a bit cloudy as well so that might have something to do with it… Since it’s just the beginning of summer we are hoping it will get warmer…

We went for a walk around Pebbly Beach after getting packed up, and finally I understood why it got its name. The beach close to the camping area is a sandy beach, and I couldn’t see where the pebbles were supposed to be. When we went hiking we got to the ACTUAL Pebbly Beach, and I got it right away; the beach were full of round stones – pebbles – and they made the most beautiful and magical sound as the ocean drew the waves back from the shore. All the pebbles, big and small, dancing together in the waves! It was just marvelous!

We also went to other sites around the area. Such a beautiful place to be. The ocean is so powerful and yet it doesn’t struggle or work hard (even though the waves are many meters high). It made me feel humble and great gratitude towards Mother Earth and The Creation.

All around Pebbly Beach there were lots of parrots and kangaroos. We could walk right up to the roos and they didn’t bother at all. That was so amazing, but the best was yet to come… We went on to Durras after our walk and checked in to a camping ground called Murramarang Beachfront Nature Resort. When we found our site all the sites around it had a lot of poop on them (luckily ours were perfectly fine), and we started to get the picture; the kangaroos are here as well! We knew that Durras were suppose to be full of kangaroos – that’s why we wanted to go here on our way south – but we read that they would go to the woods in the Christmas season, so we were not sure that there would be so many left. But there are plenty left!! They jump around the tents and caravans, eating and enjoying themselves. They don’t mind the people at all. Yesterday when we sat outside in our tent, there were a couple of roos just behind the tent. When I went to pick up something in the trunk I had to walk as close as under a meter away from them and they didn’t even look up! Later, when we had gone into the car (it was a bit cold outside) one of them got into our tent! I also saw some kids petting one of the smaller ones – still not bothering!

At night there are other animals here as well. There are rabbits, and I saw a possum when I went to the camp kitchen to fill up my bottle with water.

We like it here so much that we decided to stay another night, so tomorrow we’ll head further south again (if we don’t decide to stay even longer). It’s hard not to like a place where you live right at the beach (even though the water is icy cold) and the kangaroos are right outside your door when you wake up in the morning.

Life is good, and I enjoy being able to live like we do. I am so happy that I went out of my comfort zone and took the chance of living my dream. Life and this wonderful planet we live on have so much to offer, and I’m not willing to sit by while this life passes me by. I want to LIVE my life fully, with joy and eagerness for what the next moment will bring! Life can only be as good as you allow it to be. I will only allow the best J

Live life and love it.
Joy is the key!

Lotte
 
A parrot in Bulli:
 
 
Pictures from Pebbly Beach:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Pictures from Durras:

















They have organic purple carrots!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment